Here are some quick tips to help you get in your new car.
Dealing with Dealers
Here are some ideas on how to protect yourself when buying a car.
- Get the price and the rate at which can be financed in writing.
- Make sure any repairs or modifications that the salesman mentions are in writing.
- Don’t be the first to mention a price, make the dealer give you the price before you tell them how much you want to pay.
- Call around. Get a couple of price quotes over the phone.
Know the price
Often times people pay to much for a car because they don’t what price they should be paying. Don’t ever buy the first car you see. Call around and get at least 2 or 3 price quotes for the same car. Check out sites like Kelly Blue Book for used car pricing, or get a new car quote.
If you have your paperwork ready for the loan it will help things move along a lot faster. Here are common elements need to get a loan. Specific dealers may have different requirements.
- Proof of income (such as pay stubs, social security documentation, or pension documentation)
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of residence (a recent utility bill, lease, or mortgage)
- Current driver’s license
- Name, address, and telephone numbers for at least 2 references